Baptist Children's Home, Oklahoma City
Baptist Children's Home, Oklahoma City (BCH-OKC), from a humble beginning on west Pottawatomie Street in Oklahoma City in 1903, has cared for thousands of children. Then, in 1983, the old campus at NW 63rd and Pennsylvania relocated to the current location at the corner of SW 164th and S. Western Ave., where children, who for one reason or the other cannot be at home, now call Baptist Chldren's Home, home.
As we demonstrate God’s love by providing hope to children and their families, we continue to be a part of our South Oklahoma City community with eight cottages and four transitional/independent living duplexes serving a total of 76 residents.
Two cottages are focused on a foster family setting with eight residents and a married couple serving as houseparents. In addition of caring for residents in foster family-style care, we are also thankful to be able to offer our six Children's Hope cottages focused on the unity of mothers and their children who have found themselves in a crisis situation.
Baptist Children's Home ministers to all residents in a family-style Christian setting. Their time and activities are organized to help them learn responsibility and caring for others.