Our campus provides residential care for children without charge, without accepting government funds, and without regard to religious affiliation. Our ministry is dependent on charitable contributions from churches and individuals. Your donations are vital to our ongoing ministry and we appreciate your faithful support. You are making a difference in these children's lives!
Donate OnlineMail-In Form
Below is a list of our ongoing needs that you may want to help with.
Bed and Bath
Twin sheets (white or pastels, flat and fitted)
Twin mattress pads, covers
Twin blankets, pillows and pillow cases
Bath towels, washcloths, hand towels
Kitchen towels, dishcloths
Health and Beauty Aids
Regular/dandruff shampoo and conditioner, "Suave" products
Styling gel, non-aerosol hairspray
Bath soap (deodorant, Dove, Ivory)
Toothpaste and toothbrushes
Disposable diapers all sizes
Baby wipes, baby shampoo, baby oil and baby powder
Baby blankets, crib sheets, receiving blankets, diaper bags
Disposable and regular baby bottles, bibs
Assorted Gerber baby food
Cleaning and Paper Products
Laundry detergent (liquid or powder), fabric softener, and bleach
Cleaning supplies: Comet, Windex, Lysol, Pledge, and toilet bowl cleaner
Kleenex, napkins, paper plates, bowls and cups, paper towels and toilet tissue
Canned vegetables, fruit and fruit juices
Boxed mixes (cookies, brownies, muffins, macaroni & cheese, Hamburger Helper, cornbread, pancakes)
Dried pasta, rice and beans
Sporting and Recreational Equipment
Softballs, baseballs, basketballs, footballs, volleyballs, soccer balls
Fishing rods and reels (spin casting preferred-for ease of use)
Fishing tackle (various hooks, weights, snap swivels, floats)
Download/Save ListContact Us/Questions
The OBHC gift registry project has been set up to help you help us by providing lists of needed items for our campuses, pregnancy centers, and children in care.
During November and early December we also list some of our residents' Christmas "wish list" items on the Gift Registry. You can easily filter out the Christmas items and see these items exclusively.
Visit our Gift Registry page.
We are very grateful to those who intercede for our ministry. We witness God's miracles on a regular basis whether it's in the life of a child or an event in the ministry.
We know God is on our side as long as we submit to His will, and we are protected as long as we remain in the shadow of His wings.
Please pray for the following:
- Wisdom and knowledge for our houseparents in working with the children of OBHC.
- For each resident in our care to discover God's overwhelming love for them and to develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- The safety of our children and staff members.
- For wisdom, strength, health and wellness of our staff members as they are constantly caring for our children.
- God's provision for all physical, spiritual, and emotional needs to keep our ministry going strong.
Download a Prayer Calendar.
If you want to be personally involved in the ministry of the Children's Home, a great way is to become a volunteer.
A volunteer on the campus or in a cottage assists the staff or house parents in a variety of ways. Volunteers always have staff present or available while working with the residents.
- Some of the volunteer opportunities include sharing your skills and talents with the residents, tutoring, reading or helping with school lessons, or working on specific projects with the residents.
- You can volunteer to help with the normal cottage activities, such as cooking, yard work or spring cleaning.
- Volunteers come to the campus and simply play with the residents or teach life skills and hobbies. Sewing classes, golf lessons, auto maintenance; just to name a few opportunities.
- Sometimes volunteers come to the campus and just throw around a football or baseball, walk to the pond and "soak a few worms."
To find out ways you can volunteer with the Basic Care Cottages and the Maternity Care Cottages at Owasso, please contact us. We have a volunteer coordinator that will help you with the detail and opportunities.
Get a Volunteer Application
For volunteer opportunities or more information, contact: Darla Neighbors at 918.272.2233 ext. 209